Simon started his racing career on water at the age of 19 racing jet-skis.
This real talent took him around the World and through his career he rode for 2 manufacture teams (Kawasaki / SeaDoo). Between 1996 – 2000 Simon captured no less than 4 British Championship titles and the European Championship title as well as becoming the highest ever placed British rider in the World Championships premier Pro Modified Class (6th Overall)
Simon retired from Jet Ski racing at the end of 2001 and switched to dry land to enter the highly competitive Legends Cars series. This was a steep learning curve for a driver with no previous motorsport experience, but he soon mastered these pocket rockets and was mixing it with the front-runners.
The highlight of Simon’s Legends Cars career was at the World Championships in the USA finishing 2nd in the Semi Pro World Championship in 2003 and 4th in the Pro World Championship in 2010. In 2011 Handy Motorsport launched project BTCC and Simon moved on from Legends Cars in preparation for the 2012 Air Asia Renault Clio Cup.
In Simon’s first season in the Renault he took The 2012 Renault Clio Cup Masters crown & will be looking not only to defend that title in 2013, but to also become a regular top 10 finisher in this years championship.
Simon on Facebook
Simon on Twitter
- Billy Monger: People supporting others, they’re the true inspiration July 5, 2017"People keep saying I'm the inspiration but I think all these people coming together to support someone, they're the true inspiration."
- Injured Jeff Smith to be replaced by son Brett at Eurotech June 29, 2017Brett Smith will replace his injured father, Jeff Smith, at Eurotech Racing for the remainder of the 2017 BTCC season.
- Billy Monger set for racing return in November June 17, 2017Billy Monger will return to racing in November less than a year after his accident in which he had both legs amputated.
- Plato in ‘unknown territory’ despite Croft podium June 15, 2017Jason Plato opens his 2017 podium account despite battling ongoing battle issues with his Subaru Levorg.
- Motorbase Performance provide further update on Davenport condition June 14, 2017Motorbase Performance provide a further update on the condition of Luke Davenport following his shunt at Croft.
- Turkington: We're where we need to be June 13, 2017"We're where we need to be at this stage of the season. We’ve got a good base to go forward with into the second half of the season." - Colin Turkington.
- Jackson: We're back in the window June 11, 2017Mat Jackson gave Motorbase Performance reason to cheer after yesterday's events following his race three victory at Croft.
- Jackson hangs on ahead of Sutton for race three victory June 11, 2017Mat Jackson keeps a tenacious Ashley Sutton at bay following a dramatic climax to the third Croft race.
- Croft: Race Results (3) June 11, 2017Full race results of round 15 of the 2017 British Touring Car Championship from Croft.
- Turkington 'really pleased' with landmark WSR win June 11, 2017"I’m really pleased mark another landmark for BMW and West Surrey Racing. That 50 wins together – a lot of success." - Colin Turkington.
- Turkington beats Sutton to race two victory June 11, 2017Colin Turkington hands West Surrey Racing their 50th BTCC victory with BMW machinery after beating Ashley Sutton in race two.
- Croft: Race Results (2) June 11, 2017Full race results of round 14 of the 2017 British Touring Car Championship from Croft.